This is the next major release of DDDSample. This time I give you 4 different versions of the application:
- Classic (vanilla) with synchronous inter-aggregate communication (does not require MSMQ to be configured in order to run)
- Classic (vanilla) with asynchronous Cargo-Handling communication
- CQRS based on two relational NHibernate stores
- CQRS based on an Event Sourcing store and a relational reporting store
Additional CQRS version with reporting store based on LINQ 2 SQL is available in trunk only because it requires MS SQL Server to be installed.
When using MSI installers you have to complete following steps after installation:
- give IIS account write access to App_Data directory in you installation folder
- configure the MSMQ:
- give IIS account full access to MSMQ, or
- manually create private transactional queues 'dddsampleinput' and 'dddsampleerror' and give IIS account full access to them
- open application in the browser and click 'Reset database' to create database tables
- When using asynchronous versions if you don't see efects of your actions the most probable cause is that MSMQ queues are not properly configured. Please check if they exist, have appropriate access rights and properties (transactional, private)
- When using asynchronous versions, after you install application and navigate to it in your browser, NServiceBus deamon is started in IIS worker process. It can be killed by restarting the worker process/application pool. Until then, it will consume all the messages from input queue. This means that if you wish to run DDDSample.Net from source code in Visual Studio, you have to kill the IIS pool.